Several years ago when I set out on my new cooking journey, I discovered the greatness of Slow Cookers!!! I know, I know…they’ve been around for years, but I never really used them. At least not for everyday cooking and meals. I couldn’t believe it took me so long to find such a treasure. I honestly never thought I could love a kitchen appliance (or any appliance for that matter) as much as I love my Slow Cooker!!!
I have always loved potato soup, but I didn’t have the time (or patience) to continually watch and check on a stove-top version. So when I came across this recipe on the Pillsbury website, I was beyond thrilled!! We tried it their way the first time, but of course, we’ve changed it up a bit.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it’s pretty forgiving. You can add other spices/herbs and it will only improve!!
Gather your ingredients
1. Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker (or use a liner like I do!!)
2. Dice potatoes, celery & onion. Put in slow cooker.
3. Homemade chicken broth is best, but you canalso make chicken broth with Orrington Farms Gluten-Free Chicken Broth Base
4. Pour over potatoes, onion and celery and mix well
5. Cover; cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. (DO NOT COOK ON HIGH)
6. 30 minutes before time is up, combine flour and milk into small bowl. Once combined, stir into potato mixture.
7. Increase to HIGH setting & cover. Continue to cook for another 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
8. Once it thickens, stir in cheese until melted.
9. Garnish individual servings with bacon & green onions (Trust me…THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL!!!! It just makes it that much better!!)
*Sometimes I’ve had to add extra chicken broth or water. As long as the veggies are completely covered, you’re good. But, don’t be afraid to add HOT water later if you need to.
I couldn’t get my recipe card thingy to work – darn internet. So, I made you all a handy-dandy PDF of this recipe!
Do you have any favorite Gluten-Free Slow Cooker recipes?
Let me know if you try this recipe! Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings ~ Annette
Sharing with these great parties: The Chicken-Chick, Couponing & Cooking, An Original Belle, The Prairie Homestead, Chef In Training, Growing Home, Raising Homemakers, Deep Roots At Home, Raising Mighty Arrows, Hearts for Home Blog Hop, What’s Cooking, Love?, Our Simple Country Life – Hearts 4 Home Thursdays, House of Hepworths, Hammock Tracks – It’s A Wrap
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Use Math Games to Make Learning FUN + Printable PreK Math Pack - January 15, 2020
- 3 Steps to Meeting your Child’s Deepest Need with Music - January 6, 2020
- Memorize and Study The Beatitudes: Mommy & Me Scripture Journals - December 23, 2019