Day 17 ~ I am thankful for homeschooling.
When we began this homeschooling journey a little over 4 years ago I had no idea what to expect or what was in store for our family. I never imagined the blessing and joy homeschooling would bring to not only me, but our entire family. Homeschooling has given so much to our family.
What I love about homeschooling:
- I love the freedom it gives our family to travel for family visits.
- I love watching my children learn new things.
- I love seeing the “light bulb” go on when they finally get it.
- I love all the time I have with my kids.
- I love being able to teach my kids the biblical values we hold so dear.
- I love hearing all the new things my kids are reading and learning about on their own.
- I love that my son, who loves Science, can watch How It’s Made and Mythbusters as part of his “science” studies. (Especially since I’m not a fan of science.)
- I love that we can take it easy in our studies when we need to for family emergencies or health reasons.
- I love that we can concentrate on things and subjects that are of interest to my kids, rather than doing only what’s required.
- I love that the Hubster can take the kids to work with him and they can still complete their school work for the day.
I could probably go on and on about my love for homeschooling, but we’ll stop there. Now, I won’t pretend all 4 years have been bliss, but they have been a blessing. I am so thankful for the time I’ve been able to spend with my kids. We have our good days and our bad days, but overall we enjoy homeschooling. I am so thankful the Lord impressed this journey on my heart 5 years ago!!!!
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- 5 Budgeting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - April 6, 2020
- Preparing Your Homeschooler for the ACT - April 3, 2020
- Learning More About Shakespeare Through a Shakespearean Unit Study - April 2, 2020