Last month we released our very first Mommy & Me Journal set for the month of November. Of course, this is the time of year we typically focus more on gratitude but it is valuable year-round. And because it was such a hit with you all, I know you’ll love this month’s installment.
For the better part of a year, my husband and I have been talking about a much-needed overhaul for our Advent and December studies. While we love taking the time away from our traditional, everyday homeschool grind to focus more on the birth of Christ, we knew something needed to change.
This year as my husband and I prayed over what we wanted our kids to learn and know about the birth of Christ, we knew there needed to be a shift in the focus. Finally, we realized we needed to create a unique study that not only highlighted the birth of Christ but also the prophecies that make his birth such a miracle.
As you walk through this journey in the Gospel of Luke, I pray that you and your children will begin to see God’s promises and plan revealed in a way like never before. I pray this journal brings you closer to Jesus Christ. And I pray that your family draws near to each other as you study together.
The mommy journal has the daily verse on each page with lines for journaling. The journaling lines can be a place for your thoughts, prayers, observations and more. As you’ll see in my opening letter, there are groupings of verses that go together, so I recommend reading those together when you complete the corresponding journaling.
This month, the children’s journal is a little different. Each day includes two activities – tracing and copywork. At the end of each grouping (as outlined in the letter to moms), you’ll find a page for your child to draw what the verses describe and prophesy. This follows the same verses in the mommy journal, so you can do them together. There are pages for both cursive and manuscript tracing and copywork, so choose which works best for your child.
How to use this journal
- Family Bible Time – This is the perfect journal to use when you’re already gathered together for Bible time. You can simply read the passages together and then allow your kids to discuss what they wrote or show the pictures they drew of the verse.
- Homeschool Bible lessons – If you choose this option, I recommend that Mom completes the journal time beforehand so you are ready to talk and answer any questions that might come up as the kids work through their page.
- Character Training – This month’s focus is Gratitude, which is something I want to instill in my own children. And I must admit, I have to work to keep my focus on being grateful and not “wishing” I had something I don’t. During our family Bible time, we have started asking them every night for “thankfuls” and encouraging them to think outside themselves. November is the perfect time to start with your own family!
- Personal Bible Time – If you have older children, you can use these printables as a way to encourage not only yourself but also your children in a personal Bible time.
You might also be interested in our 12 Days to the Nativity Study.
The Birth of Christ: A 31-Day Mommy & Me Scripture Journal is a wonderful Advent study that continues on through the end of December. This study takes you the heart of the Gospel of Luke before you arrive at the birth of Christ. It is the perfect study to help you draw closer to Christ and your children this Christmas season.
All verses are from the American Standard Version (ASV).
Download The Birth of Christ Scripture Journals
These are on sale for a limited time ONLY! Regularly priced at $3.99, you can get yours for just $.99 copy thru December 6th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
To download the Birth of Christ: A 31-Day Mommy & Me Scripture Journal, simply add the product to your cart and checkout. **Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.**
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Christmas Reindeer PreK Handwriting & Math Pack - December 9, 2019
- 3 Ways to Homeschool thru the Month of December - December 4, 2019
- A New Advent Study with The Birth of Christ: A 31-Day Mommy & Me Scripture Journal - November 25, 2019