As homeschoolers, we have every opportunity to disciple our children with God’s Word, but just like everything else, we can so easily be consumed with the things that need to get done forgetting our priorities.
It’s time to breathe new life in your homeschool and one way to do that is with Christian affirmations for kids.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are the action or process of affirming something; it is to validate, confirm, state positively, decree as valid, show or express a strong belief in or dedication to something such as an important idea.
When it comes to our lives as children of God, affirming, validating, speaking and decreeing God’s Word is of utmost importance, which is also why we help our kids with memorizing scripture, too.
Psalms 119:172 NKJV says,
My tongue shall speak of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteousness.
Proverbs 18:21 NKJV says,
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Why Are Christian Affirmations Important?
Christian affirmations are unique because it’s God’s Word being spoken, not just a positive word.
And to go one step further.
As Christians, the revelation of God’s Word as we study it brings light and life. It’s not just speaking God’s Word that brings change, but it’s also believing it and knowing it in your heart. Out of this place is where you can, with boldness and confidence, speak God’s Word.
Luke 6:45 NKJV says,
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
Why Should God’s Word Be Affirmed In Our Lives?
God is Creator and spoke everything into being. God created us and He knows us better than we know ourselves, so He also knows what we need. And everything that we need is found in His Word and His Word is designed to be affirmed.
God’s Word is:
- Accomplishing (Isaiah 55:11)
- Enlightening (Psalm 119:130)
- Hope-giving (Psalm 119:74)
- Life-giving (Psalm 119:50)
- Light (Psalm 119:105)
- Living (Hebrews 4:12)
- Piercing (Hebrews)
- Powerful (Hebrews 4:12)
- Pure (Psalm 119:140)
- Reviving (Psalm 119:107)
- Settled (Psalm 119:89)
- Sharp (Hebrews 4:12)
- Strengthening (Psalm 119:28)
- Sweeter than honey (Psalm 119:103)
- Treasure (Psalm 119:162)
- Truth (Psalm 119:160, John 17:17)
Why Should Kids Affirm God’s Word?
As we raise our kids, we’re discipling them and equipping them for life into adulthood.
And part of discipleship is teaching our kids how to digest the Word of God for themselves, because they too, want to be reminded of who God is, what He wants to do through them, and who they are in Him.
Not only that, we can be assured that our kids will face challenges in life. And the way to overcome what they face is to know the Word of God.
How To Start With Christian Affirmations
As children of God and image-bearers, you can take the Word of God and put it into a format where you can say what God has already said about you.
Christian affirmations should be:
- Truth – which is God’s Word
- Clear and simple – making them easy to remember
- Faith-building – reminding us of God’s nature and character
Steps to begin Christian affirmations:
- Find a verse in the Bible that speaks to you about who God says you are, what He wants you to do, who He says He is or what He can do. For example, Matthew 6:33 NKJV says, But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- Personalize the Bible verse so it reads: “I seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything I need for the day will be added to me.”
- Speak this Word over yourself. Have your kids speak it over themselves so that together you all share in declaring the Word of God.
- Create affirmation cards from each scripture so that you can come back to it over time.
There’s nothing like speaking and declaring God’s Word; it’s living, powerful and incorruptible!
As we go about our homeschool days, we must keep our priorities in check – our kids are learning from us. Christian affirmations are simply speaking and declaring to ourselves what God has already said. And by this, we can begin to change our homeschool days and our lives!
Don’t Leave Without Claiming Your Freebie!
Are you looking for a way to have your kids speak the Word of God over themselves? These 12 Christian affirmations are a great way to begin the day and help keep your kids focused on who God is, what God says about them, who they are in Him and what they can do through Him. Melanie is offering her Christian Affirmation Cards for Kids FREE for a limited time only thru Tuesday, March 31, 2020!
Complete the form below to claim yours!
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms with homeschool resources, free scripture challenges, and Bible studies for kids. You can find Melanie at Wildly Anchored, as well as on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- The Wonder of Weather - March 27, 2020
- Motivating the Reluctant Learner - March 26, 2020
- Encouraging the Kinesthetic Learner in Your Homeschool - March 25, 2020