Fall is finally here and it’s the perfect time to work on fall vocabulary with your kids. Every single day your kids are processing the world around them and that means trying to comprehend all the words they hear.
They also try to match objects they see with the words that you tell them. You can do this naturally with a fun matching activity by using objects from around the house. OR a fun matching game!
If you have kids in a slightly older grade (grades 1-3) you can grab the Two Sided Fall Words Vocabulary Cards.
Fall Kindergarten Matching Game
Preparing The Fall Matching Cards
First, print the cards on card stock. You can also laminate them for durability.
Second, cut the cards in the middle along the grey line.
Third, create 2 stacks of cards- one with the words and the second with the image.
Lastly, place an elastic band around each stack and place them in a basket or a resealable bag for storage.
Now that the cards are all prepared, its time to introduce the concept of Fall to your kids. Its always great to introduce any topic to kids with either a song or a fun book. Below you can find a few books for Fall to read with your kids.
If you do not have any of the books listed above, don’t forget to ask your local librarian for book recommendations.
Using the Fall Matching Cards
There are 2 ways to play this game and they are both dependent on your child’s maturity.
For you younger kids, you can simply choose 3 to 5 sets of cards. For an older child, you choose as many cards as you think they can handle.
Sit with your child and do the following:
1) Pick up a word card from the stack and say the word slowly.
2) Place the card beside the correct picture card.
3) Say the word again a few times to reinforce the concept.
4) Repeat with another card until your child seems to understand.
Hey there. I’m Alecia – homeschooling mom of 2 fantastic kids and pastor’s wife. I know that choosing to homeschool your kids can be tough and so I help YOU be the best teacher for your kids over at Fun Learning Ideas.
Latest posts by Bridget Childress (see all)
- Using a Gentle Approach to Spelling Introduction - July 12, 2019
- Welcome To Summer Preschool Activity Pack 30+ Pages of Learning Activities - July 5, 2019
- Intentional Family Travel: 3 Planning Tips For Your Next Vacation. - June 28, 2019