Several months ago I introduced you to a wonderful homeschool Bible curriculum called Friends and Heroes. I was given a new product, their “What about Love?” CD, in exchange for my honest opinion.
However, I was pleasantly surprised by this CD. Let’s face it, most music CD’s from “non-music” companies are usually sub-par at best. But, Friends & Heroes has done a great job with this one – very professional and well done overall.
What I enjoyed about the CD
- The music was very well done and professional quality
- The music was catchy and fun
- The words were biblically accurate and well done
- The singers/voices were wonderful
- Various styles, beats and rhythms to keep children’s attention
- Includes a background CD for youth choirs who want to sing these songs
While I enjoyed listening to the different songs, I did find the styles varied greatly. Even though this did keep my kids’ attention, I found they didn’t stay as engaged as they might have if the songs were more similar in style. I know these songs were inspired by the first Friends and Heroes DVD series, but I didn’t find the words easy to pick up and sing along to. Several of them did not have repetitive choruses, which I found made it more difficult for the kids to learn.
Overall, we enjoyed the CD and my kids will listen to it again. It was enjoyable, upbeat and uplifting – as well as educational as the words did retell many of the stories from the DVD and Bible. Although kids of all ages will enjoy these songs and will learn from them – if your goal is for them to learn the words, I personally think this CD is best suited for ages 8 and up. The difficulty level is higher not because of complex musical runs or notes, but the lack of repetition.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Learn the History of “Annie” + a Movie & Musical Study - July 19, 2019
- The Perfect Tool for Teaching the Scientific Method with Printable Notebook - July 11, 2019
- The Aristocats Movie Study with Printable Pack - July 3, 2019