After months and months of prayer, counsel and discussion you finally make a decision. You feel at peace with it and at peace that God has guided you in this direction. You are excited to share what God has done in your life and ready to move forward. Yet, when you share what’s been on your heart and what you believe God has led you to…OPPOSITION!!
Have you ever been there?
It’s tough. It’s lonely. It’s…you fill in the blank. Our families philosophy has changed significantly in the past several years. Some times it’s been readily accepted. And other times…not so much.
The Hubster is reading a life-changing book entitled, “Hungry for More of Jesus” by David Wilkerson. He talks about this exact situation and in his words and wisdom, I find comfort and peace.
God knows us! He permits our afflictions, saying, “You are the kind who forgets Me in good times. You neglect Me when all is well. But I love you too much to lose you to the devil. I’ll awaken you through affliction, to remind you of how short life is and to make you dependent on Me.”
Here are some good arguments to use when the devil tells you godly people don’t suffer:
1. Christ suffered in the flesh mightily – and He was perfect.
2. Paul and all our Church fathers suffered great afflictions, yet God loved them dearly and used them mightily.
3. To the godly, suffering is not a sign of God’s displeasure but a sign of sonship. Whom He loves, He chastens.
4. Every affliction is intended for my spiritual benefit and growth, and to equip me to sympathize with others in need.
5. My suffering may be grievous and painful. But if I’ll accept it, afterward it will bear the fruit of holiness and pure love for God.
-Hungry for More of Jesus, pg. 163
This week has been particularly difficult for me. Not only is it coming up on the 2-month Anniversary of my Daddy’s death, there are a lot of changes in store for our family. Some of them scary, some of them hopeful…but ALL of them for God’s Glory!
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
-John 16:33, ESV
Linking up to these wonderful parties. Be sure and check them out!
Deep Roots at Home, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, The Imperfect Housewife, Our Simple Country Life, Raising Mighty Arrows
We thought you'd like...
The following two tabs change content below.
Annette has been married to her husband and best friend since 2003. Together they are raising their six children to follow the Lord’s will, no matter what. Annette longs for the day when she will meet all her angel babies who have entered heaven before her. She enjoys creating fun and engaging printables, unit studies and curriculum for homeschool families. You can follow her crazy life at In All You Do where she blogs about marriage, parenting, and homeschooling all while maintaining her sanity. She is also the owner of Thrifty Homeschoolers, where she shares free printables and resources from around the web as well as deals on curriculum and homeschooling resources. You can also keep up with her via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Election Building Task Cards - February 12, 2020
- How To Date Your Spouse When You Can’t Get A Sitter - February 11, 2020
- Why Dating Your Spouse Is Important For Your Marriage - February 3, 2020