Veterans Day is just around the corner and I thought this year, the little ones would like to be included in the learning fun. So this week I’m releasing a couple printables you can use with them as well as some new Notebooking Pages for the older kids (watch for them later this week).
Veterans Day is when we celebrate and honor all those who have served in the military, not just those who served in a war. With several family members in the military currently and those who served our country years ago, this day holds special meaning to our family – as it does many others. I hope you will take this opportunity to honor those you know who have served November 11th.
Emergent Readers are GREAT for practicing sight words and learning to read short sentences. These Veterans Day Emergent Readers introduce kids to the different military branches, as well as some symbols and icons for military and Veterans Day. Be sure you don’t miss all my other Emergent Readers!! There are a variety of subject to choose from!
Emergent Readers Include
- Sight word(s) based on the picture
- Short sentences including the sight word(s)
- Sight word(s) is not traceable in the sentence
- Fill-in-the-blank word(s)
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more great ideas.
Veterans: Heroes in Our NeighborhoodThe Poppy Lady: Moina Belle Michael and Her Tribute to VeteransH is for Honor: A Military Family AlphabetDon’t Forget, God Bless Our TroopsThe Wall (Reading Rainbow Books)
To download this Veterans Day Emergent Readers, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Use Math Games to Make Learning FUN + Printable PreK Math Pack - January 15, 2020
- 3 Steps to Meeting your Child’s Deepest Need with Music - January 6, 2020
- Memorize and Study The Beatitudes: Mommy & Me Scripture Journals - December 23, 2019