This year, my New Year’s Resolution is to be a better mom. To be more patient, more loving, less rushed, and more present. Want to join me?
Last September, I hosted a Become a Better Mom Challenge at my blog. From that challenge and from the comments of readers who participated, I learned a lot of simple things we can do to become better parents.
12 Simple Ways to be a Better Mom in 2015:
1. Hug more.
2. Read more.
3. Put down the phone or close the computer.
4. Laugh more.
5. Give thanks daily.
6. Invest in your marriage.
7. Take time for you.
8. Commit to stop yelling.
9. Go on dates with your children.
10. Make bedtime a time for cuddles, no matter how hard the day has been.
11. Look your children in the eyes. Really see them.
12. And most importantly, spend time with God daily.
He is the only One who can truly change us from the inside out and fill us with a Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control.
So who is with me? Which of these twelve tips will you start doing today?
*photo courtesy: unsplash