Now that my four older children are reading more and more on their own, we are beginning to work with them to develop their own Bible reading time. For several months now, we have been more diligent with our family Bible time, so now we are starting to work on their personal time.
Our oldest has been reading the Bible following our reading plan for kids for several years. It works really well for him since he is older and such an independent learner. However, my middle three still struggle with their own confidence in reading and need help with some of the words. So we needed a different plan for them.
That’s when I knew that a Mommy & Me Bible reading plan would be the answer. Not only would it help keep me on track, because let’s face it – life is crazy and hectic. But it would also give me time to spend with them in the Bible. Discussing the verses were read that day and essentially giving us a spirit-led discussion on God’s Word.
I pray this new journal will not only be an encouragement to your children but to your Mommy heart as well. Motherhood is a busy, chaotic mess most of the time. We wake up with an agenda and it just doesn’t stop until your head hits the pillow at night. Stopping to spend intentional time with your kids to work through this Gratitude Journal together will hopefully refresh and renew your heart – with each other and with God.
The mommy journal has the daily verse on each page with lines for journaling. I recommend reading the section around the daily verse as well as concentrating on the verse for the day. The journaling lines can be a place for your thoughts, prayers, observations and more.
Each page of the children’s journal includes three activities – tracing, copywork, and drawing. They follow the same verses in the mommy journal, so you can do them together. There are pages for both cursive and manuscript tracing and copywork, so choose which works best for your child.
How to use this journal
- Family Bible Time – This is the perfect journal to use when you’re already gathered together for Bible time. You can simply read the passages together and then allow your kids to discuss what they wrote or show the pictures they drew of the verse.
- Homeschool Bible lessons – If you choose this option, I recommend that Mom completes the journal time beforehand so you are ready to talk and answer any questions that might come up as the kids work through their page.
- Character Training – This month’s focus is Gratitude, which is something I want to instill in my own children. And I must admit, I have to work to keep my focus on being grateful and not “wishing” I had something I don’t. During our family Bible time, we have started asking them every night for “thankfuls” and encouraging them to think outside themselves. November is the perfect time to start with your own family!
- Personal Bible Time – If you have older children, you can use these printables as a way to encourage not only yourself but also your children in a personal Bible time.
You might also be interested in our 6 Bible Verses to Encourage Homeschool Mamas.
Check out all our other Homeschool Encouragement posts!
These Mommy & Me Gratitude Journals are the perfect pairing for mothers and their children. They were created just for you and your child to do together! I hope as you work your way through, you will grow in the Lord Jesus Christ as you contemplate His words and His blessings.
All verses are from the American Standard Version (ASV).
Download the Mommy & Me Gratitude Journals
This is only FREE for a limited time! Regularly priced at $3.99, you can get your FREE copy thru November 17th, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
To download the Mommy & Me Gratitude Journals, simply add the product to your cart and checkout. **Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.**
We thought you'd like...
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Election Building Task Cards - February 12, 2020
- How To Date Your Spouse When You Can’t Get A Sitter - February 11, 2020
- Why Dating Your Spouse Is Important For Your Marriage - February 3, 2020