Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. Even as a child I would get carried away with the number of Valentine’s to pass out. Sure we had to pass them out to everyone in our class – that was a given. But what about all the kids in the other classes that I knew? What about the kids in other classes or grades that I knew?
What about friends from around the neighborhood? What about all my friends at church? What if there was someone who didn’t get any and I didn’t give them one either? I couldn’t stand the thought. My mother often intervened and reminded me that every other class was required to give Valentine’s to each kid too, which seemed to satisfy me.
Now that we homeschool, I’m thankful we don’t have to buy all those Valentine’s and stress out forgetting anyone. But, I still want my kids to remember these days and have fun with them. Granted it’s not all parties and confetti – that’s only part of it. There are so many other ways to make these memorable.
Fun Puzzle Units are a great way to do just that!!! Mister Bull, our 8-year-old, loves solving puzzles – all kinds of puzzles. So it’s only natural that I create some fun thematic puzzles for Valentine’s Day. I hope you and your kids enjoy these fun puzzles as well!!
I’ve expanded this puzzle unit to include a new feature and several different levels so it’s suitable for kids in Kindergarten through upper Elementary. There are 13 total pages in this unit and answer keys to make it easy on YOU!
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer, HP Instant Ink & Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready Paper Mate 1862166 Mates Mechanical Pencils, 1.3mm HB #2 Lead, 5 CountHammermill Paper, 8.5 x 11 Paper, Letter Size, 20lb, 92 Bright, 3 Ream Case / 1,500 Sheets Acid Free Paper
Mini Puzzle Unit Includes:
- Crossword Puzzles ~ there are two different crossword puzzles. One for younger children and one for the older kids.
- Word Scrambles ~ there are two sets of word scramble puzzles. One with shorter, easier words for the younger children and one for the older kids.
- Word Searches ~ there are two word search puzzles. One with the easier, no backwards words and one for the older kids where words go all directions.
- Cryptograms ~ these are a new feature in the last couple puzzle units. I created an easy word cryptogram for the younger students and two more difficult Valentine’s Day quotes for the older kids.
- How Many Words Can You Make? ~ these puzzles are always fun for the kiddos. I have a simple, shorter word with longer lines for the younger ones and three more difficult word sheets for the older kids.
Use this Mini Puzzle Unit in conjunction with any of my other Valentine’s Day resources for even more themed fun!!
Check out my Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest
Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse!Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious GeorgeThe Biggest Valentine EverLlama Llama I Love YouPete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is CoolDay It Rained HeartsRoses Are Pink, Your Feet Really StinkJunie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy ValentimeThere Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!
Download yours today!
This Valentine’s Day Mini Puzzle Unit would be a fun addition to your holiday studies! This pack includes 13 pages of themed crossword puzzles, word scrambles, word searches, cryptograms and How Many Words Can You Make? activities.
To download the Valentine’s Day Mini Puzzle Unit, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. **Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.**
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- The Wonder of Weather - March 27, 2020
- Motivating the Reluctant Learner - March 26, 2020
- Encouraging the Kinesthetic Learner in Your Homeschool - March 25, 2020