These sight word easy readers have been a life saver in our family. The simple sentences and repetition of familiar words are helping my struggling reader succeed and gain confidence! She is finally starting to pick up speed and remember the sight words she has learned.
Reading is a skill that all children need to master, but it doesn’t come easily for everyone. Some children really struggle with their reading, so I think anything we can do to help them gain confidence and set them up for success is wonderful.
Do you have a struggling reader? I designed this Easy Readers series to help kids go from single sight words to short sentences and eventually short paragraphs. The Primer series includes words children mastered in the Pre-Primer readers as well as those on the Dolch Primer Sight Word list.
The Primer Volume 2 includes 5 sight words – at, all, but, they, with – in 5 different books. Each of the readers have simple sentences with primer sight words coupled with a familiar picture for the non-sight word. These readers also include many of the Pre-Primer Sight Words for continued practice, so they can keep building their vocabulary and repeating to improve their reading skills.
Each book is a half-page style, so you can print and cut, then laminate them for longevity! The repetition of these easy readers will set them up for reading success as they gain the confidence they need to push forward and continue learning new words.
What is in each reader?
- Each reader contains multiple pages using the targeted sight word
- Each page also contains a well-known image, which is also used as the other word in the sentence (i.e. boat, house, etc.)
- Sentences are short, which makes readability easier
- Each reader in the series builds on the others, so previous sight words are repeated
To download this Primer Easy Reader Vol 2, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- 3 Ways to Homeschool thru the Month of December - December 4, 2019
- A New Advent Study with The Birth of Christ: A 31-Day Mommy & Me Scripture Journal - November 25, 2019
- Book Study: Stink the Incredible Shrinking Kid - November 20, 2019