Since I shared my Top 10 Products for Girls yesterday, I thought I better share some for the boys today. Our oldest two children are both boys and while I love having my oldest as a much needed “helper” at times, it also has some challenges. Even though I was the only girl in my family, I know how girls think and act. BOYS…now that’s a foreign territory. My husband on the other hand, is the youngest of four boys, so I go to him for most of my advice when it comes to the boys.
And while I absolutely love my boys, I find that most of the time I am just lost. I want them to grow up strong in their faith and love of the Lord as well as in character and personality. I want them to explore what they enjoy, even if it doesn’t interest me.
That being said, I decided our home and homeschooling needed some more “manly” products and activities that the boys would enjoy, so here are some that I think will fit the bill this next year.
Top 10 Products for Boys
- Pirates! – Arrrgh!! What boy doesn’t love pirates? I know mine do! Which makes this a perfect fit (and a no-brainer) for our house! This is a fun Learn N’ Folder where the kids can learn about famous pirates, where and when pirates operated, how they “ran” their business and much more! It includes 36 mini-books that fill 3 folders!
- Shark Notebooking Pages – My boys absolutely love sharks, so this was another no-brainer for me! These notebooking pages are perfect for studying sharks the way they want to study them and write about them. There is no pressure to fill a sheet or answer questions a certain way. Plus, the can even color the pictures!
- Classical Astronomy – Do your boys love to just lay under the stars at night and “see what they can see”? I know mine do! And now that we live in the country, this curriculum is sure to be a HUGE hit with them come next September!!
- Revolutionary Ideas – My boys are all about weapons and wars, so I thought this would be a perfect fit right now. And I love that it has an age range of 2nd-12th grades, so they can do it together!! Plus, it’s a 7-week, NO-PREP, unit study!! Doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Human Body Detectives – Every kid loves to be a detective! So why not make Science fun with this unique curriculum. This is a great way to help them learn a little bit of Science while having fun investigating!
- Warfare by Duct Tape – You had me at Duct Tape. What boy (or man) can resist Duct Tape? Add in weapons and you’ve got yourself an all-day activity! Boys can create their weapons, defend their honor and vanquish the enemy all while learning and just plain having fun!
- Celebrating Manhood – Do you have a young boy that is on the verge of becoming a man? Celebrating this rite of passage is something that should and can be treasured, rather than dreaded. This is the perfect way to celebrate them.
- Revolutionary War Activities for Kids – Again, war and boys – need I say more? No, seriously this is a great product that allows kids to learn about the war in a fun way through puzzles, games and quizzes. Which, let’s face it, is way more fun than just reading about it!
- Spies of the Revolutionary War – My boys love to play spies around the house and backyard. So this Creative Writing Unit & Lapbook, which also teaches about the Revolutionary War is absolutely perfect!! They will create a secret code, make a Dead Drop Message Carrier, Make a Battle Drum and MUCH MORE!
- Dragons of the Bible Copywork – Did somebody say dragons? Really this is another no-brainer in our house. My boys are all about the dragons. We have used several of these copywork pages for our oldest and he has really enjoyed them. These pages not only sparked more interest in learning more about dragons in general, it also encouraged him to read the Bible and see just how exciting it can be!
What are your favorite products for boys?
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- The Perfect Tool for Teaching the Scientific Method with Printable Notebook - July 11, 2019
- The Aristocats Movie Study with Printable Pack - July 3, 2019
- Gamer Themed PreK Math Pack - July 2, 2019