If you have been reading the blog for any length of time, you know we have two wonderful daughters. When I dreamed of being a mother, I always wanted a daughter, because of the special relationship I had with my mother and grandmothers. There’s just something so wonderful about that mother-daughter relationship.
Now…having had daughters for nearly 4 years, after the boys, I’m not sure what I was thinking! GIRLS. ARE. HARD. So much harder, in a lot of ways, than boys. MY. WORD. They wear me out. But, they can also be the sweetest, kindest, most loving girls I’ve ever known. So I guess it’s all worth it!
So, in my quest to learn all I can about raising girls and homeschooling them with their likes and dislikes, I have gathered 10 resources for girls that my girls and I love and I think your girls will love them too!
Top 10 Products for Girls
- Princess Training – What girl doesn’t want to be a princess? I know my girls are always dressing up like princesses and then conning their brothers in to waiting on them hand-and-foot (pretty genius really). But more than that…their Daddy treats them like princesses. This is a wonderful book by Richele McFarlin. From the site: “Raising daughters who know their worth in Christ’s eyes will realize what true biblical womanhood is about. They will have the ability to discern and the courage to stand up for Christ. The world cannot harm their inner beauty and purity of heart if we begin to train our princesses now.”
- Girls of American History – If you have an American Girl book series fan, you will love this wonderful multi-sensory unit study curriculum. This study allows kids to use a variety of senses to learn and help them remember the facts surrounding each era of history.
- Mommy…why? – In a culture that more often than not looks down on the high calling of mothers and wives and the important role they play in a child’s life, this book is a wonderful breath of fresh air. Mommy…why? is a Titus 2 study of these issues according to God’s Word.
- Heroines of the Past Bible Study – Not only do I love this for the history aspect, but also because it’s Biblically based. This study is one that I can’t wait to do with my girls in a couple years when they are older! Digging deeper in to God’s Word through Proverbs is a something I have always enjoyed. And combining that with some wonderful historical women makes this study one-of-a-kind.
- Mothers and Daughters – While this may be a book more for mothers than daughters, it is a wonderful resource that every mother should have in their library. You will hear from a mother of two girls, as she shares her wisdom, on how she was able to guide and train them in godly wisdom to love the Lord.
- Lads & Ladies of Wisdom – This is the sequel to Lads & Ladies of Virtue, which we loved. I am so excited for this next installment in the series. As parents we strive to teach our kids character according to God’s word, but it can be difficult. I love how Kathie breaks it down on their level in this series.
- Growing in Wisdom – This study is geared toward the 8-13 year old range. I love that it teaches Biblical character in a practical way. From the site: Your child will learn 32 types of negative behavior and their Biblical consequences. Through insights learned from God`s Word, your child will be guided in making an intentional decision to choose positive, godly character in their day to day life. God has the answer for turning our negative natural tendencies into choices which reflect the character of Jesus Christ.
- Amish Proverbs & Quotes – I don’t know about your girls, but my girls and I are fascinated with the Amish culture. We have several Amish communities around us and they just love learning about them and seeing them at our local Farmer’s Market. So I thought this copywork would be perfect for them as we learn to read over the next year.
- BiblioPlan Craft Books – If your girls are like mine, they love all things crafty. So this was just a natural fit for us! Plus…these craft books are a great way to create fun projects while learning about history!
- Picture Smart Bible (K-3) – I love how the Picture Smart Bible really helps the lessons and stories of the Bible come to life on a level my younger kids can understand and remember. With pictures for them to color on each book of the Bible, this is a great way to start their love of God’s Word early! It comes in both paperback and downloadable versions too!
What are your favorite products for girls?