I have always loved a challenge. In fact, I could probably be described as a “carrot” person when it comes to motivating me. Dangle a reward in front of me and I will find a way to get it!! I think that’s why I have such fond memories of the Facts Master program when I was in Elementary. The challenge of getting faster and faster at my math facts only fueled me on. We practiced in class, but I also took it upon myself to practice at home nearly every day. Although I didn’t make the fastest time in the program, I came very close. I was thrilled.
While our oldest is very good at math, he is not always very quick at the problems. Nor does he know his facts from memory. A lot of times I catch him still trying to “figure them out” in his head. Although I think he knows them, he lacks confidence. My goal with these fun math facts grids are to help him with his memorization.
There are 4 grids in each set: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division. If you’ve never used them before they are easy peasy to set up and use. No really…they are!! Simply write the numbers 0-9 across the top and down the side in random order. You will do this on each grid. Then set the timer, beginning with 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, grade the grids. Once they complete the grids with no mistakes at 10 minutes, you can lower the time to 9 minutes. Then, 8 minutes – 6 minutes – 5 minutes and 4 minutes. You can of course keep going down in time if your students are inspired and up for the challenge!!
Here are few tips on printing and using the grids.
- Print the grids on cardstock or heavier paper and laminate them for more practice
- If you laminate them, use a wax pencil or dry erase markers, which wipe off easily
- Use these for practice when learning math facts
- Use them for motivation for learning math facts
- Set up a reward system – especially if you have a “carrot” child
Mister Bull works really well with rewards and is always asking me how he’s doing on his papers and whether or not he got an A+. So, I decided to create some fun Facts Master Badges. You can download them by clicking on the pictures below. There are badges for boys in boy-like colors and badges for girls in more girly colors.
All files are .pdf files unless otherwise indicated.
PLEASE DO NOT SELL THESE IMAGES OR REPOST THEM ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. PLEASE LINK THEM DIRECTLY TO THIS PAGE. THESE ARE OFFERED FREE OF CHARGE TO BLESS OTHERS, BUT I SPEND MY OWN TIME MAKING THEM. THANK YOU!!
I would appreciate you being honest. When you download this file, you agree to the following terms:
- You may not share or distribute these files directly from the PDF. You may only share this post.
- You may not claim these files as your own.
- You may not alter or change these files in any way.
- You may download and print for personal and classroom use only.
- You may not sell these files for your own profit.
- You may not host or publish these files on any other site.
- Share this post with others on Facebook.
- Share this post with others via Twitter.
- Share this post with others by pinning to Pinterest!
- Download and Print as many copies for your classroom or personal use.
Facts Master Badges for Girls
Facts Master Badges for Boys
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- New Movie Study: Alice in Wonderland based on the Original 1951 Version - April 17, 2019
- Gamer PreK Fun Pack – FREE Printable - April 12, 2019
- Practice Counting with Ducks + a FREE Printable Counting Pack - April 10, 2019