In these Veterans Day writing activities you will find Copywork, Writing Prompts and the Draw & Write prompts. This week, you’ll notice the Manuscript and Cursive copywork is from the poem The Harvest Moon by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. This is a great way to introduce older kids into the world of poetry!
While these are ideal to use with kids who can write by themselves, you can still use them with your little ones – especially the Draw & Write prompts. Simply have them draw a picture according to the prompt and then allow them to dictate what they drew.
WRITING ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
- 35 pages of copywork
- 9 Preschool Letters
- 8 Early Manuscript words
- 8 Manuscript Sentences
- 8 Cursive Sentences
- 6 Fall themed Draw & Write prompts
- 3 Manuscript lined pages
- 3 Plain lined pages
- 18 Fall themed Writing Prompts
- 9 Manuscript lined pages
- 9 Plain lined pages
- Extra lined pages for both
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more great ideas.
Veterans: Heroes in Our NeighborhoodThe Poppy Lady: Moina Belle Michael and Her Tribute to VeteransH is for Honor: A Military Family AlphabetDon’t Forget, God Bless Our TroopsThe Wall (Reading Rainbow Books)
To download this Veterans Day Mini Puzzle Unit, simply add it to your cart and then checkout. Upon checkout, you will be added to my Weekly Newsletter list.
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Use Math Games to Make Learning FUN + Printable PreK Math Pack - January 15, 2020
- 3 Steps to Meeting your Child’s Deepest Need with Music - January 6, 2020
- Memorize and Study The Beatitudes: Mommy & Me Scripture Journals - December 23, 2019