One of the hardest things I face as Christian is being real. Transparent. Really living out the Christian life. It isn’t because I don’t love the Lord- I love Him with every fiber of my being, and that love grows deeper every day. The truth is, it is hard to live it out because of me. My flesh and my heart are at battle – struggling to do what is right in a world that pushes what is wrong. How can we focus on living it out- being the real deal – in a world where being fake is okay? I believe it all comes down to the relationship we have with the scriptures – the very Words of God.
1. Love the Word – We have to have a love relationship with God’s Word. I have had a few books over the years – books that I have read over and over, until the pages have fallen out and the words were sketched on my heart. We need to the love the Word of God like that. God’s word needs to be more than an accessory that we bring to church on Sunday – the final touch to our Sunday best. It must be who we truly are. It has to be loved. When we truly love the Word of God, it will be a passion – and when we love it, we will we spend time in it. The more time we spend in it, the more we will learn it.
2. Learn the Word – It is one thing to love the words of a favorite book or poem – it is another to truly learn it. To dig in deep, and allow the words to become alive on the page. To take time to find out the meaning of each individual word- as though our very life depends on the knowledge found in it.
3. Live the Word – More than just loving the Word, more than just knowledge of it – we need to live it. The Words of Scripture need to be so saturated in our lives that we are the Words. That we memorize the Word- and so it is the Word that we speak. That they are not just suggestions for our lives, but that we take the things we are learning and truly apply it – so that it becomes our lives.
These are the reasons why I struggle to live out my Christian life – because my source is wrong. The source of me trying is me. It isn’t Christ. It isn’t the strength that He has given me in His Word. It is me. I can’t do it. I need to realize that it is a supernatural task that can only be filled through the Holy Spirit being given full access to my life. That I am not holding back. That I am taking the Word of God and letting it live in me.
John 1:1 says “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1 ESV)
The Word of God…is God. So, when I read it’s truths, apply it’s truths, and base my life and passions from there- I am basing them off of Jesus Christ Himself. It is then that He can truly live in me.
Worshiping God With My Life,
Did you miss a post in our 30 Days of Bible series? Check them all out by clicking the image below.
Mandy is passionate about two things: The Word of God and the Souls of Men (and Ladies!). She is a married to her best friend, and gets the privilege to love on their three blessings (who lost their biological momma leaving her husband widowed).She loves that the Lord has let her life be an example of delighting in Him and watching Him mold her life to make her desires match His. She spent 4 years in an “in house” seminary program at her home church. She loves to bring God glory through her roles as Christ-follower, Wife and Mother (in that order!) She enjoys women’s ministry, cooking, crafting, and traveling the world. Mandy is also passionate about Adoption and helping women with Infertility- as both are areas God has trusted her with. Her greatest desires are to have her marriage bring God ultimate glory, see her children walk in truth, to lead others to the feet of Jesus, and to lead women into deeper and intimate relationship with their Savior through study of the Word of God. You can find Mandy at Worshipful Living – where she blogs about sowing seeds of Worship in her daily life. You can also find her at Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
Latest posts by Annette Breedlove (see all)
- Christmas Reindeer PreK Handwriting & Math Pack - December 9, 2019
- 3 Ways to Homeschool thru the Month of December - December 4, 2019
- A New Advent Study with The Birth of Christ: A 31-Day Mommy & Me Scripture Journal - November 25, 2019